Monday, March 27, 2017

Video: Tatting a Mock Ring and Floating Ring With Beads



This 10 minute video shows me working with 2 shuttles, tatting a mock ring around a bead, bead picots, lock join, chain, tatting a floating ring thrown off a chain, putting a bead in the center of the floating ring, and you'll hear me talk about what I'm doing.

It's actually a demonstration of the start of my own Nouveau necklace pattern. I made this video in response to questions about the techniques used. I hope this helps!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Aren't you just the cleverest? Thank you for this perfect and clear how to! I'm ready now....

Fox said...

Fabulous video!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Super fantastic video! Wonderful design and excellent techniques, perfectly presented. I am in awe!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you, friends! This video was made by using my iPhone on a tripod, edited in iMovie, adding the voiceover last. I'm amazed at 21st century technology. And... through the magic of editing I was able to eliminate all the flubs where I couldn't find the hole in the bead, couldn't get the paper clip on the thread, etc. :-D

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Now I'm even more in awe! I can't believe you did this with an iPhone and tripod!